Today, I wanted to look at some photos that I had posted on Facebook back in 2014. I knew the year, not the exact date, but I spent up to an hour trying to find out how to search through my Facebook photos by date or year. And I am here to tell you exactly what to do if you have the same problem.
Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be an option to only look at your photos on Facebook and sort them by year or search them by year or date. However, you still have an option to reduce the amount of scrolling needed and that is achieved by controlling your timeline.
So, as long as you know the year when the photos were published, you’ll have an option to narrow down your search. And today I will tell you how to do this, which is the only way right now to search your photos on Facebook by year or date.
1. Note that this only works on a PC or Laptop (so not on a mobile phone). So you will have to use one of these if you need to quickly find a specific photo or set of photos.
2. Log in to your Facebook account and go to your Timeline by clicking your name in the upper left corner.
3. Start scrolling down and you will see that a new menu will appear at the upper part of the screen, showing your name, a button saying “Timeline” and one saying “Recent”.
4. Click the “Recent” button and you will be shown a list of years to be shown from your timeline, like below:
5. Now all you have to do is select the year you know that you have published the photo in and scroll down through your timeline until you find that particular post.
What if you have a ton of things posted on your timeline, by both yourself and your friends? You can still narrow down things a little bit and make it easier to find what you’re looking for. Here’s what to do:
1. Log in to your Facebook account and go to your timeline following the instructions above, then start scrolling down.
2. On the menu that appears at the top, to the right, you will see a button reading “Manage Posts”:
3. Click that button. On the new page, you will have a few options on the left side of the page, like selecting posts published by you only or by your friends only. You can also select the date to narrow down your search:
4. Scrolling here is also a bit easier since you are shown everything in a grid view with less details than in the regular timeline, making scrolling down the page a lot easier.
So this would be how to search your photos on Facebook by date. Not the easiest method around, especially if you use to publish a lot of things on your timeline, but at least it’s easier that having to aimlessly go through years of photos until you find the one you are looking for.
In my case, it got the job done relatively fast – it took me longer to figure out how to do it, but in your case, since you’re reading this, you are already ahead.