If you love your Instagram photos, you’ll probably want to save them to your device—but how? This article will outline two simple methods for saving high-resolution Instagram photos without relying on third-party apps or taking screenshots.
Saving Instagram Photos on Your Phone
With this method, you can save Instagram photos up to a resolution of 2048 x 2048 pixels. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Instagram and tap the “Profile” button in the lower right section of the screen.
- Navigate to your settings by clicking the three parallel lines on the top right of the screen. Hit the Settings button at the bottom.
- Tap the “Account” button and select “Original Posts.”
- Toggle the options to save photos, videos, or both.
Now, every photo or video you upload to Instagram will be saved to your default photo folder.
Saving Someone Else’s Photo via Desktop
If you want to save your or somebody else’s Instagram photos via desktop, here’s how:
- Launch Instagram on your preferred browser and log in.
- Navigate to the image you’d like to save and click it to enlarge it.
- Right-click the image and select “Inspect” (if on Google Chrome) or “Show Web Inspector” (if on Safari).
- Navigate to the “Sources” tab in the top window. Browse the listings until you find the intended image:
- Right-click the image and select “Open in new tab.” From here, save the image onto your desktop.
Simple! Let us know if you have other tips for saving high-quality Instagram photos and videos.