The nice guys over at HP are working on a very impressive new Chromebook: the HP Chromebook 13 G1 which will boast a series of goodies and surprises for Chromebook fans all over the world and which will certainly make quite a few non-believers become Chromebook fans as well.
The new notebook from HP will be a fanless one with an Intel Core M processor (supporting 4K video output) and up to 16GB of RAM. It will also offer full HD resolution – 1920 x 1080 – as well as QHD resolution (3200 x 1800 pixel), depending on the model. And as if these goodies weren’t enough to blow our minds, there’s even more: the to-be-released HP Chromebook 13 will have a backlit keyboard and it will be incredibly thin at just 0.5 inches thick!
Here are some other specifications of the upcoming notebook:
– 1 full-sized USB 3.1 port
– 2 USB 3.1 Type-C port for charging (and accessories)
– Optional HP USB-C docking stations
– 802.11ac WiFi
– Bluetooth 4.2
– Support for “Lucid Sleep” for synchronizing documents, email, and notifications even when the system is asleep
– Stereo speakers with B&O Play audio
– 720p webcam and dual microphones
– MicroSD card reader
– Headphone/microphone combo jack
– 45 Whr battery
All these came via a spec sheet on HP’s website (which is no longer available, clearly meaning that it was published a bit too early) that was spotted by liliputing. No release date has been announced, but we can only hope that it will come soon.